Monday, February 4, 2013

Making do...

It's one of those months where our paychecks conveniently fall just a few days out of sync with our mortgage and other automatic payments, meaning we are down to nada. Of course, we have money in our long-term savings, retirement and other accounts but, in my opinion, those are always OFF LIMITS, so we made do when it came to tonight's meal.

Morgan smartly suggested that we make tots and drench them in the leftover cheese dip that we usually use for tortilla chips (excellent side!). Then, we used our last three pieces of bread, including the end, to make bacon, turkey and swiss sandwiches. Heaven on a plate! Add in some Moscato Port that tastes oh-so-divine and that was dinner.



I write this post not to feel bad about the fact that I don't have any spending money for the next few days, but rather to reflect on the fact that making do is sometimes the best thing to do. Of course, I could've put some dinner on my credit card or taken money out of savings, but this meal was perfect. And, we were challenged to think outside our normal meals to come up with something fabulous.

And, that's what happens in life. We often get so stuck in buying more and more instead of using our creativeness to come up with something fantastic using items we already own. This principle can be applied to food, home design, clothing and basically anything else.

I will use our little meal tonight to reflect upon how much I already have and be thankful for all that I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment